Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Songs That Defined My Year


For the past few years, I've been keeping tabs on the songs that have most frequented my ears and that have come to "define" my life at the time. And at the end of a particular year (school year that is), I put those songs together and form one big playlist of the 15-20 songs that represent all the misadventures, all the heartbreak, all the triumphs, and all the fucking awesome moments and emotions from the year past.

These songs usually run the gamut from hardcore, underground hip hop to 90s boy bands. The point is, I'm pretty fucking weird.

So without further ado, here are the 18 songs that represent my past year:

CAKE - "Daria"
Flobots - "Handlebars"
Jedi Mind Tricks - "Heavenly Devine"
Emily Haines - "Freak"
Sophie-Ellis Bextor - "Me and My Imagination"
*NSYNC - "I Just Wanna Be With You"
Eminem - "Infinite"
Common - "Book of Life"
Lil Wayne - "Phone Home"
CRS feat. Pusha T - "Everyone Nose (Remix)"
Maroon 5 - "Better That We Break (Remix)"
Emily Haines - "Crowd Surf Off A Cliff"
Prozzak - "When I Think Of You"
Jonas Brothers - "Video Girl"
Nirvana - "In Bloom"
Jurassic 5 - "Thin Line"
Radiohead - "Paranoid Android"
Metric - "White Gold"